May 15, 2013
Second International Workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications
Kyoto, Japan, 2-5 December 2013
The 9th International Conference on Signal Image Technology & Internet Systems
Scope of the Workshop
The international workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners from different science communities working on areas related to complex networks. The workshop targets two types of contributions from prospective authors: contributions dealing of theoretical tools and methods to solve practical problems as well as applications solved by tools from network sciences. Both contributions should stimulate interaction between theoreticians and practitioners.
Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and applied papers on their research in complex networks. Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Models of Complex Networks
• Structural Network Properties and Analysis
• Complex Networks and Epidemics
• Rumor Spreading
• Community Structure in Networks
• Formation of Complex Networks
• Generation of Complex Networks
• Community Detection in Complex Networks
• Motif Discovery in Complex Networks
• Visualization of Complex Networks
• Complex network mining
• Dynamics and evolution patterns of complex networks
• Community discovery in complex social networks
• Visual representation of complex networks
• Methodological problems in complex network studies
• Applications of complex network analysis
* Paper Submission: September 8, 2013
* Acceptance/Reject notification: October 6, 2013
* Camera ready: October 13, 2013
Conference Proceedings of IEEE
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society and referenced in IEEE Xplore Digital Library and major indexes. They will be available at the conference.
Special Issue in the Journal of Complex Networks
A special issue for the International Workshop on Complex Networks and their applications will be published in the Journal of Complex Networks edited by OXFORD University Press.
All accepted workshop papers are eligible to be submitted in an extended version, for publication in the special issue. The paper must be technically extended beyond the scope of the paper that appears in the workshop proceedings with at least 30% new original and significative material.
The submission deadline is February 24, 2014. It must be made online by following submission instructions at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/comnet.
The special issue is scheduled for publication in July 2014.
Guest Editors of the special issue:
Hocine Cherifi University of Burgundy France
Ernesto Estrada University of Strathclyde UK
All submissions should be in IEEE conference style and PDF format. Papers may not exceed 8 pages. Paper submission will only be online via: Easy Chair. All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.